SOLID WASTE COLLECTION
Please help us serve you better in the collection of your residential refuse!
The City of Durant currently operates automated collection trucks. Please take note of the requests below in order to make collection as efficient as possible.
1. Place polycart NO further than 3 feet away from the street.
2. Put polycart out the night before pickup day.
3. Place polycart with the lid opening facing the curb. Handles should face the house.
4. Polycarts should be set away from mailboxes, cars, trees and any other obstructions.
5. Residents with 2 or more polycarts should be placed about 2 feet apart.
6. Lids on polycarts need to be closed with no trash sticking out. No trash placed on lids.
7. City provided polycarts ONLY. Extra cans or bags will be left at the curb.
8. No brush, boards, metal or any other non-household waste should be placed in polycarts.
9. If waste is not collected for the above reasons, a separate trip for collection will result in an additional charge of $21.50.
SOLID WASTE DISPOSAL: Construction & Demolition Landfill
1620 Blanchard Road
Mon.--Fri. 7:00 a.m. --- 3:00 p.m.
Saturday 7:00 a.m. --- 1:00 p.m.
Transfer Station Rate (minimum charge) $14.50
Transfer Station Charge per ton (including DEQ fee) $60.50
C&D Construction Landfill (minimum charge) $14.50
C&D Landfill Charge per ton (including DEQ fee) $37.95
Beginning October 1, 2015
The City will continue to offer free "curbside extra hauling" of bulky waste, yard waste, and excess refuse for residential customers two times per month.
In order to keep our city as clean as possible, and operate as efficiently as possible, this service will be offered free of charge on a scheduled basis only. Residential customers will be allowed to place bulky waste, yard waste, or excess refuse curbside every other Wednesday in accordance with the Durant Code of Ordinances.
Beginning October 1, 2015 the City of Durant will once again enforce Chapter 51 of the Durant Code of Ordinances in an effort to keep our city as clean as possible.
Requests for pick-up of bulky waste outside the scheduled routes will be charged a fee.
Additional details will be provided soon.