Parks & Recreation
The City of Durant maintains and operates 11 parks.
- Billy Miller Park and Field - 902 S 2nd Ave. A 7 Acre Park located at the end of South Section to South 5th Avenues, North of Mineral Bayou. Amenities include: four lighted ball fields (2 softballs and 2 baseballs), concession, restrooms, covered spectator seating, batting cages, playground equipment, open free-play area and paved parking.
- Carl Albert Memorial Park & public pool - 1301 Gail Farrell Dr. A 16 acre park located at North Washington Avenue and Carl Albert Drive. Amenities include: public swimming pool, Skateboard Park, three lighted tennis courts, pavilions, gazebo, restrooms, picnic tables, grills, benches, playground equipment, open free-play area and paved jogging/walking trails with large shade trees.
- Dixon Durant Park - (Rocket Park) 1020 N 10th Ave. Formerly Northside Park, or Rocket Park, renamed in honor of the founder of Durant. A 6 acre park located on North 10th Avenue between Walnut and Willow Streets. Amenities include: paved parking, benches, grills, ADA accessible restrooms, six lighted tennis courts, basketball court, 1/4 mile walking/jogging track, picnic and pavilion area and playground equipment including swings, jungle gyms, slides and climbers.
- Durant Multi-Sports Complex - 1920 SE 3rd Ave. A 47 acre facility. The Durant Multi-Sports Complex is a multipurpose athletic facility located two miles southeast of Durant on Highway 78. The sports complex consists of baseball and softball fields, soccer fields, and a football stadium/track field. 1920 OK-78.
- Keithley Park - 316 NE 3rd Ave. A 2.5 acre park located north of the old George Washington School in the 300 block of Northeast Third Avenue. Amenities include: playground equipment, pavilion, paved jogging/walking track, basketball court, ADA accessible restrooms at ball field, lighted little league baseball diamond, and splash pad. "Splash Pad" Keithley Park - 316 NE 3rd Ave. The Splash pad is open for use (May 22, 2018). The splash pad can be utilized 7 days a week, 9:00am - 9:00pm. The splash pad will be turned off for the season TBD.
- Leonard Morgan Park - 519 SE 3rd Ave. A 5 acre park on Southeast Third Avenue, north of Mineral Bayou. Amenities include: soccer fields, T-ball and one lighted machine-pitch baseball field, concession, playground equipment, paved parking and restrooms.
- Lloyd Plyler Park - 426 S 5th Ave. A 5 acre park located on South Fifth Avenue between Louisiana and Mississippi Streets. Amenities include: newly upgraded lighted baseball diamond, batting cages, dressing facilities, concession, restrooms, playground equipment, picnic area, pavilion, and street parking.
- Jacob's Park (Remington Hills Park) - 1413 Ruger Dr.
- Schuler Park - 923 N 4th Ave. A 2.5 acre park located at North Fourth Avenue and Poplar Street. Amenities include: 20' x 20' pavilion, ADA accessible public restrooms, playground equipment for children of all ages, and grills.
- Slaton Park - 524 NE 5th Ave. A 8 acre park located on Northeast Fifth Avenue between Pine and Elm Streets. Amenities include: lighted softball field, paved parking, concession, public restrooms, lighted little league football fields, open free-play area, playground equipment, and several large shade trees.
- Lake Durant - Lake Durant road. A 200 acre facility. We currently have 10 camper pads with full hookups. Daily, weekly or monthly rentals. A new approx. 2 mile nature trail was completed last fall. Lake Durant is a great fishing spot (crappie, bass, and catfish). Call Mike Ward @ (580) 920-0879 for details.
The City of Durant helps local agencies with the organized team sports for area youth. Check the specific pages for sign up information, schedules, and contact information.