Parks and Recreation
The Parks and Recreation Department in the City of Durant maintains and operates 11 parks which span roughly 400 acres of land throughout the city.
- Billy Miller Park and Field - 902 S 2nd Avenue
A 7 Acre Park located at the end of South Section to South 5th Avenues, North of Mineral Bayou. Amenities include: four lighted ball fields (2 softballs and 2 baseballs), concession, restrooms, covered spectator seating, batting cages, playground equipment, open free-play area and paved parking.
- Carl Albert Memorial Park and public pool - 1301 Gail Farrell Drive
A 16 acre park located at North Washington Avenue and Carl Albert Drive. Amenities include: public swimming pool, Skateboard Park, dream basketball court, pavilions, gazebo, restrooms, picnic tables, grills, benches, playground equipment, open free-play area and paved jogging/walking trails with large shade trees.
- Dixon Durant Park - (Rocket Park) 1020 N 10th Avenue
Formerly Northside Park, or Rocket Park, renamed in honor of the founder of Durant. A 6 acre park located on North 10th Avenue between Walnut and Willow Streets. Amenities include: paved parking, benches, grills, ADA accessible restrooms, six lighted tennis courts, basketball court, 1/4 mile walking/jogging track, picnic and pavilion area and playground equipment including swings, jungle gyms, slides and climbers.
- Durant Multi-Sports Complex - 1920 OK-78
A 47 acre facility. The Durant Multi-Sports Complex is a multipurpose athletic facility located two miles southeast of Durant on Highway 78. The sports complex consists of four baseball fields, four softball fields, eight soccer fields and a football stadium/track field.
- Keithley Park and Splash Pad - 316 NE 3rd Avenue
A 2.5 acre park located north of the old George Washington School in the 300 block of Northeast Third Avenue. Amenities include: playground equipment, pavilion, paved jogging/walking track, ADA accessible restrooms at ball field, lighted little league baseball diamond, and splash pad. The splash pad can be used 7 days a week from 9:00am-9:00pm.
- Leonard Morgan Park - 519 SE 3rd Avenue
A 5 acre park on Southeast Third Avenue, north of Mineral Bayou. Amenities include: soccer fields, T-ball and one lighted machine-pitch baseball field, concession, playground equipment, paved parking and restrooms.
- Lloyd Plyler Park - 426 S 5th Avenue
A 5 acre park located on South Fifth Avenue between Louisiana and Mississippi Streets. Amenities include: newly upgraded lighted baseball diamond, batting cages, dressing facilities, concession, restrooms, playground equipment, picnic area, pavilion, and street parking.
- Jacob's Park (Remington Hills Park) - 1413 Ruger Drive A .5 acre park located at 1413 Ruger Drive. The park features one small playground and is nestled in the Remington Hills neighborhood.
- Schuler Park - 923 N 4th Avenue
A 2.5 acre park located at North Fourth Avenue and Poplar Street. Amenities include: 20' x 20' pavilion, ADA accessible public restrooms, playground equipment for children of all ages, and grills.
- Slaton Park - 524 NE 5th Avenue
A 8 acre park located on Northeast Fifth Avenue between Pine and Elm Streets. Amenities include: lighted softball field, paved parking, concession, public restrooms, lighted little league football fields, open free-play area, playground equipment, and several large shade trees.
- Lake Durant - Lake Durant Road A 296-acre lake that is a great fishing spot for crappie, bass, and catfish. Additionally, Lake Durant features covered pavilions with picnic tables, restrooms and there are currently 10 camper pads with full hookups. These can be rented daily, weekly or monthly. Lake Durant also features a two-mile-long nature hiking trail and a new disc golf course where tournaments, leagues and practices can be scheduled. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>