Solid Waste Collection
Litter, Trash & Debris Removal
To request removal of litter and other debris from public property
contact the Durant Utility Department at 580-931-6630.
CURBSIDE EXTRA HAULING:
The City will continue to offer free "curbside extra hauling" of bulky waste, yard waste, and excess refuse for residential customers two times per month..
In order to keep our city as clean as possible, and operate as efficiently as possible, this service will be offered free of charge on a scheduled basis only. Residential customers will be allowed to place bulky waste, yard waste, or excess refuse curbside every other Wednesday in accordance with the Durant Code of Ordinances.
Requests for pick-up of bulky waste outside the scheduled routes will incur a fee on the utility account.
Please help us serve you better in the collection of your residential refuse!
- Place polycart NO further than 3 feet away from the street.
- Put polycart out the night before pickup day.
- Place polycart with the lid opening facing the street. Handles should face the house.
- Polycarts should be set away from mailboxes, cars, trees and any other obstructions.
- Two or more polycarts at a residence should be placed about 2 feet apart.
- Lids on polycarts need to be closed with no trash sticking out. No trash placed on lids.
- City provided polycarts ONLY. Extra cans or bags will be left at the curb.
- Brush, boards, metal or any other non-household waste should NOT be placed in polycarts.
- If waste is not collected for the above reasons, a separate trip for polycart collection will result in an additional charge of $25.80. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>